Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Sarah, Sarah quite contrara..."

That's Noah's personalized version of "Mary, Mary, quite contrary."  She's becoming a little stinker while I'm trying to run.  She's happy if she's in the BOB, but I've had to stick to the treadmill this week because I'm shuttling my boys to and from basketball camps all morning.   She should be crawling but hasn't seemed to figure it out yet.  (Joshy never crawled and the pediatrician said that it looks like it has something to do with their hips being overly flexible), so I sit her down with a bunch of toys and turn on cartoons (I know, I know.  Just shut it.) but since she really wants to be moving around she will only stay happy there for 10 minutes, maybe.  Then I have to give her a change of scenery, so I move her to a different room with a brother and some different toys.  She'll stay happy there for another 10 minutes, then I have to get off again to move her somewhere else.  My hour-long run turns into a very choppy 2 hour-long run that never really even gets me warmed up!  One more day of basketball camp, then I can hit the pavement, or the track for a long run Friday.

Sarah's still easier than any of my other kids when I've been trying to run.  My first, Ryan screamed the whole time he was in the jogger, and screamed every minute he was sitting in a car seat while I was on a treadmill.  Then with 2 kids or 3 kids they were too little to leave alone and I couldn't imagine having run with a double stroller in the city.  I think that was when I was going to the gym with a nursery.  Needless to say, I was never in shape at any time in between having my first and up to about a year before having my last.   WHEW, so glad it's my time again!   Can I hear an, "Amen" from all my mommy friends?!


1 comment:

Izzy Jo Smith said...

After reading this and polishing off my last four spoonfuls of ice cream I am getting back on board Chi. You are my inspiration for loosing my muffin top and getting back to running. I really have missed it. Just hope my knee sticks in there. Today, I'm going to have to settle on the bike and treadmill. But thats a start.
Wish I could run with you on the 24th but I might die.
Love you,
xoxoxoxoxoxo
Superslowchi