Thursday, June 5, 2008

6 miles...

Ouch... Ouch.... Ouch....  

                   The view from the top of my street today!

But it was such a beautiful day after all the rain yesterday.  It was crystal clear, rare for this windy, dusty part of the west.  I forgot my camera - that won't happen again.  The picture is from after I got home from the run, so the lighting wasn't quite as perfect as the hour before.  Lots of the little rabbits hopping around on the trail.  Mornings like these even when I'm in alot of pain remind me why I love to run.

There's no way I'm going to be able to get the speed work in that I would need to in order to do as well as I want July 24th.  I am going to have to take it alot more easy and maybe just use the 24th of July marathon as a practice for St. George in October.  I'm pushing too hard and starting to feel injuries.  My left hamstring was killing me today.  I don't know why because my hamstrings usually only give me problems when I work on speed, which I haven't.  I might have to get out that gym pass and get on a bike or some other non impact apparatus for a while.  Sounds depressing.

I'm on my own again for the next couple of days.  Ron's in Vegas on "business."  I might decide to surprise him in his "business meeting" tonight.  Anyone want to watch my boys tonight? 

No comments: