Monday, June 16, 2008

13 mile tempo

I'm not going to tell you what tempo it was.  I'm slow.  But I was going at a pace that I could stand for that distance and just barely.  I'm so proud of myself!  And hamstring was fine, didn't need GU.  I've been stretching alot when I'm just home.  I'm sure that's helping me lengthen my stride and pick up the pace.  

Something about running with Sallie Allie in front of me helps me push myself more.  It makes me feel like I'm not only doing this run for me.  She looks back at me occasionally and we have these conversations with our eyes.  I feel like she's telling me I can go faster for her.  She says that before she nods off to sleepy land.

No signs of the groper that's been reported to be hanging out on my stretch of jogging path.

(Groper)

Why do some girls have all the luck?  Maybe I intimidate him with all the crap a run with.  I've got wires and straps and beeping things all over me, along with the stroller and all the bottles and baby stuff that comes with it.  I told Ron that he has to grope me if I come home having not run into the groper.  But I get home and he's not here either!!  Ppffth!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          (Groper)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say, YOU'RE HILARIOUS on every post comment--I laugh out loud at your wackiness.
Go the distance girl!

Izzy Jo Smith said...

I need one of those two. Just another reason to run! Maybe if I keep running by the zoo I'll get lucky! But I am going to stay away from the real animal gropers - I think they are disgusting.
haha
Lisa