Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hilton Treadmill, Vegas

We spent Friday and Saturday in Vegas and stayed at the Hilton. I was lucky enough to be one of the first to get to the workout room because every machine became occupied very quickly. The first treadmill I tried, I couldn't get to work so naturally jumped on the one right next to it. But that meant that every time some other poor soul came in thinking they nabbed the last treadmill, I had to tell them it was broken and not to waste the next five minutes of their lives trying to get it to turn on. I think I had to take out my head phones 20 times and tell somebody. I didn't do it once just to see if anyone else around me would take the job, but no one else seemed to think it was necessary and just let them figure it out. Lame!
If I want to finish the marathon in 3:30, I have to run an average of 7.5 MPH. I set the treadmill at that on a 3% grade. (If the treadmill is at 0% grade it's not like running on a road. It's like running on a slight downhill, right? Well, that's what the books say. Actually it varies from 1% to 3% grade being more equal to running on a road.) It was difficult, but I could do it. Just barely. I only have one month till the marathon and the books say that at this point I should be focusing on speed work instead of milage. WAAAHHH! I'm going to try and do just that. But, that means nothing to blog about. I might be quiet till the end of July. Keep your fingers crossed for a 3:30, or somewhere near that!! If I fail miserably there's always St. George in October.

No comments: