Thursday, June 26, 2008

First 20 miler

OK, it was really only 19.6 miles. I rounded up. Here's the checklist for a long run with Beautiful Girl. (Are all you regular readers noticing how I coordinate the song of the day with what the post might be about? There is no end to my creativity or the effort I will put into every post to ensure it's entertaining to read. Those of you that only check in once a week are missing the full effect of the right song playing with each post. I recommend a reevaluation of your blogging priorities.)


Cell phone, check. Garmin, check. Shuffle, check. GU, check. Water, check. Diaper/wipes, check. Crackers for Beautiful Girl, check. Binkie with string, check. Sunscreen, check. Camera, check check check....


...And of course, Beautiful!


I wanted to show you the cute little bunnies that are hopping all over the trail in the mornings. It makes me feel like Snow White while I'm running. Except they don't follow me or bring things I need like ribbons and hair accessories. Maybe if I were to start singing...


What do follow me though are horse flies! Maybe because I wear my hair in a pony tail? Those bites hurt so dang bad. No one else I talk to that uses this trail has a problem with horse flies. For some reason bugs like me alot. Now this is where you say, "You just have to run faster so they can't catch you." Yes, thank you.

PS, On the road home I passed a really intense looking runner and he clapped for me. I didn't feel bugged by it this time. I thought it was very sweet. (See post "7.5 miles at Rebel Stadium.")

No comments: