Friday, June 6, 2008

Me 'n the treadmill for 50 minutes

stretch...   stretch...  stretch

I wanted to rest today, but I was browsing around itunes looking for the old song "Sarah, Sarah... storms are brewn' in your eyes...." (I never found it btw so if anyone out there knows who sang it and can help me out) so that I could play it for my son, who is always irritated when I sing it to my daughter, Sarah, and when I typed in "Sarah" it came up with Eskimo Joe's "Sarah,"  (now my new favorite song.)  So, I couldn't rest because I bought the whole album and I had to jog just a little so that I could test the tunes' runability.  Thumbs up for Eskimo Joe!  I came across a great guitarist, Leo Kottke (because listeners that bought Eskimo Joe also bought Leo Kottke.)  The jury's still out on whether I can run with him.  I didn't get past Eskimo Joe this time, but I'm a sucker for instrumental guitar music.

Note to self: Stay away from elite runners' websites.  It makes you depressed.  It's okay that you will never run fast.  It's just great that you run.

No comments: