Friday, August 7, 2009

Back from Hawaii

We were on Kauai, North Shore. Princeville to be exact. We did a lot of fun stuff this time. As the kids are getting older, we are able to do more than just sit on a beach all day.

These first pictures are of Tunnels Beach. It is so gorgeous with the cliffs of Napali behind it. (and Sarah in front of it.)


Ron holding Sarah in the water at Tunnels.


These next ones are of a waterfall, I want to say Keepu... but I'm sure that's not spelled right. This was so much fun. We got there and Josh went and jumped off the cliff into the water and then did the rope swing, totally shocking us. I was holding my breath it scared me so bad to see his little body flinging out like that! It was a highlight for sure.

This is my niece, Heather looking back, and Noah walking behind her through the sugar cane fields on the way to the waterfall.
Me and Sarah at the falls. She was really scared of waves or noisy water, like the waterfall. So I had to hold her facing me so she couldn't see them or she would scream.
Joshy on the rope swing. The local Hawaians were doing tricks on the rope that were pretty amazing. I would love to write a commentary on the Hawaiian hospitality (none) but I'll save it. Lets just say they are not exactly good Samaritans when it comes to tourists.
Joshy going off the falls! What a stud.


The picture below is Josh and my sister's son, Grayson. I love this photo because it's hard to believe they are biological cousins. My sister is fairly dark and her husband is even more so. Me and Ron are... not so much! Ok, not at all. The are in a truck on the way to do a zip line/kayak/hike thing on the same day that I kayaked the Napali Coast with some of the other adults. (Which was the highlight of the trip for me.) It was so nice of Ron to keep the kids that day and let me do that. It made up for the Costa Rica trip being canceled. Photos are being developed and will be back Tuesday next week.



My sister, Michele, her husband, Taylor, their kids and Ron with my boys on the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures!