Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Reason to Be.

I love the way she says, "NO?" when she doesn't want to do something. (Not "NO!" but a sweet "No?") I love how she runs with her arms behind her like she's trying to take off in flight. I love the bounce in her step and her gorgeous brown eyes that remind my of my favorite thing to eat; dark chocolate. I love that she is the youngest and I get lots of personal alone time with her while the boys are doing their big boy stuff. I love that I was able to have a home birth with her. It made it really the most special day of my life and bonded us in a way that in indescribable. I love her femininity; the delicate way she holds her hands and brushes the hair out of her face, wipes her nose, eats, holds a crayon, walks. Every way she moves is feminine. I love that she usually wants me most but still calls me Daddy. I love buying her clothes, doing her hair, taking her shopping and watching her run away from me, but checking over her shoulder to make sure I'm still there. (If I'm not, she'll come back looking. So cute!) I love how when she sees strangers she'll freeze and move her eyes as far in another direction as possible, thinking that if they are out of her field of vision, they must not be able to see her either. All the while standing still directly in front of them. I love thinking about her as a baby, and at the same time getting excited to watch her grow up, be in school, make friends, fall in love. I'm going to love every minute of her life. I love imagining what things she might like to do. Will it be dance and gymnastics? Sports? Both? I LOVE HER and she's turning 2 in a week!

3 comments:

Kate said...

so cute...and ditto for my amanda jane... all of it (okay, I didn't home birth!) but having one girl... is turning out to be the best! Who needs sisters, when you have mom?

Anonymous said...

So, um, you like her huh?

Keri said...

I can't believe she's already TWO! Or that you have a son old enough to have braces. When did we grow up??