Friday, August 28, 2009

17.5 friday (and a few more favorite things.)

I ran 17.5 today as an experiment. Just over a month to to the marathon and I have so many injuries going on right now I wasn't convinced I could even do it this year. I pushed through and by about mile 14 I felt fine. There's a few things that I will take with me on race day for sure.
If you get "jumper's knee" or patella tendonitis, it can feel like a stress fracture in your shin. The strangest pain I've ever felt. The tendon really wasn't where I was feeling the pain. It was sharp pains in my shin and up my femur. Someone suggested I try the knee band and sure enough... It was just tendonitis. It still can hurt a little running around a corner but the pain goes away after. Thank you $9.00 foam band thingy.

This stuff is magic, I swear. Anything is bugging me, I rub this on it before I run and within a few runs I have no more pain. It takes a few times using it. It isn't a pain cream. It really loosens things up and helps them heal somehow. You can get it at natural food stores. I haven't researched about it, so please no one tell me it's poisonous or something. I do know that it's the thing that Michelle Pfeiffer uses to kill her cheating boyfriend when she combines it with White Oleander in that movie. ("White Oleander is a Good movie, btw. Depressing, but good.)
Oh man, how did that picture of Mini Chi get there?! Oh well. She would tell you that the things you need to take along on a 17.5 mile run are a soft blankie, some animal crackers, and a baba.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I know you couldn't go another post without a pic of Sarah...haha, cute.

Ryan Hansen said...

Oh, there's Clark's future wife. Too early to see her like that! Whoops. Too cute, Sister Queen!