Friday, August 21, 2009

Monster Run


I went to the Rec Center today to run because it was supposed to be 110 degrees. I drop Sarah off at the cool daycare first. This is a picture of just a small corner of the room. There is bean bag chairs, flat screen tv, an outdoor playground. It's pretty posh. Then I head up to the treadmills, and on the way pick up a Monster drink. I've never had one before and don't normally drink caffeinated drinks at all, but I'm so sick of feeling like a slug. I'm trying to get my training mojo back. I decided I was just going to sip it a little and hopefully it would give me just a little energy to get some kind of run in. I sip, and sip, and sip sip sip.... 20 minutes into the "jog" I'm still not feeling anything from it. I end up drinking the whole thing over the course of my hour-long run and THEN I feel it. The shakes and jitters started, the headache hit, the crankies hit. It lasted most of the day and also started to feel nauseous by about 6:00 pm. It was horrible. Then we went to a pizza joint for dinner and I was thinking I felt to sick to eat anything, but then realize I'm famished by the time the pizza came, so I ended up eating almost an entire medium pizza. That was a terrible experiment that I will never repeat with a Monster stink-drink.

No comments: