Friday, August 7, 2009

Mobile uploads of Hawaii trip


View from our back patio on a rainy morning, overlooking Hanalei Bay.

Napali Coast hike with Sarah.Sarah slept on the way up Napali, but screamed the whole way down because she was so terrified.

Ryan
My view while I was laying out at the Hilton in Vegas the night before leaving for Hawaii.


This is the best ice cream I or anyone in my family has ever eaten. The owner was also very excited about the ice cream, as he had a different "favorite flavor" for everyone that walked in the store. In case you are planning a trip to Kauai, this place is down the road to the lighthouse near Hanalei.
You can't tell how good this was from the picture. Macadamia nut, banana, coconut ice creams with oreo crust from Hanalei Dolphin restaurant.
Hanalei Dolphin sushi. The sushimi wasn't dolphin, obviously. That's just the name of the restaurant. The sashimi was the best I've ever had. We told the owner that it's even better than the best we've had in Vagas, where we have eaten really great sushi, and he just laughed and said, "Yeah, Vegas sushi... bleh." I guess it does sound comical to compare sushi in vegas to that in Hawaii where it is caught a few minutes before a few hundred yards away.

It should be said here that while Hanalei Dolphin had the best sushi we ate while we were there, Postcards (also in Hanalei) had the best entree and desert. I think I didn't remember to take pictures of it because I had been Kayaking for 7 hours that day and just wanted the food to get in my tummy.

No comments: