Friday, September 11, 2009

Treadmill Friday


I watched Bronco on The Mountain with the other coaches of all the Mountain West teams. Ha!

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to run at all today because of the night I had. See, we have this puppy... He sleeps in a crate, like all good puppies. Last night he started barking at 1:00 AM, so I go out to let him outside, and it is too late. His crate has a couple inches of urine in it. Yeay. From watching Ron deal with this same problem a few nights ago, I learned that I don't want to push the crate out the door before letting Bob out, because if I am outside with him when he gets out he'll jump all over me with his uriney feet. So I decide to open the door to the outside, which is right next to the crate and then open the crate so he can run outside. A little urine on the floor is better than all over me. BUT when he got out of the crate, before he went outside, he SHOOK pee all over the kitchen. Once he was outside I pushed the crate out, checked out the damage and left it to deal with in the morning. (I have a hard time sleeping once I've been awake for a while, so I thought it best to try and get back to sleep as quickly as possible and salvage some of the night.) BUT I couldn't go back to sleep because of the thought of the pee now drying all over everything and the phantom smell of urine in my nose! SO I got back up and spent the next hour cleaning the kitchen, then went back to bed and spent the next hour listening to the puppy barking to be let back inside. I do not do well without a good night's sleep, so I'm pretty proud I got to the gym at all. (See, the story completely relates to running and not at all about family, which I try to not post about at all, except Sarah.)

PS. The puppy will remain outside indefinitely.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

This is exactly why we haven't gotten a puppy yet. Good luck with Bob! Hang in there!

Lindz said...

My kids have been BEGGING for a puppy...this story does not help their case!

Jenna said...

you and your animals! when are you going to learn your lesson? go cougs