Thursday, September 10, 2009

Coral Canyon Trail

Whenever we are driving to and from Coral Canyon, I see paved trails going off into the hills. I love running on these trails, so I decided today to venture over with Sarah in the stroller and check them out. I figure I need to do some hills, I might not be running a lot, because I'll be pushing the stroller, but a fun break from the usual. This is what it looks like from the bottom.
I turned on the Garmin so that I could keep track of how long these paths are, expecting to be hiking around for quite a while and just turning back when I needed to. I got around the bend at the top of the hill and... after a half a mile found myself at Highland Park. Hmmm, the adventure wasn't quite as exciting as I thought it would be. Of course when Mini Chi saw her favorite park she screamed to get out and play. SO, I walked for a total of a mile and played at the park. Oh well, now I know.
It is a really beautiful trail though. That's Pine Valley Mountain in the background.

2 comments:

Lysa said...

Shannon!! Im so glad you contacted me! Ive missed you on facebook! what happened? why did you leave? Im excited for you doing the St. George! You are going to be awesome! I did two 1/2's 2 weeks apart and on the first one I did it a minute slower than the year before and on my second, I did that one a minute slower than that!!! DOH!! I was frustrated for sure! Oh well, live and learn. Hopefully next time it will be better. Ive thought about you, how are you doing? I have a blog also, its lysasmith.blogspot.com. check it out. So good to hear from you! Did you hear about Paul Cardall?

Tiff said...

Those pictures of road really make me run in St. George! Good luck with your training and your knee. I had the same problem and it took almost a year before it was completely better. I still ALWAYS wear my knee strap.