Thursday, September 24, 2009

The cure for all ails.

I've been in an especially bad mood lately. Sorry everyone. My brain is tired. That's the only way to describe what I've been feeling. Overwhelmed maybe. Stressed out. I forced myself to the gym today even though I really would like to stay in bed for a week, and now I'm fine. Exercise is magic. Running is the best kind of exercise (I think) because putting one foot in front of the other doesn't take a lot of concentration or skill and you can let your mind just go somewhere else and meditate. I came home feeling like I can now face my life, which is, by-the-way, pretty great. I have nothing to whine about. I feel so sad when people say to me, "I don't know how you do that. I could never do that." They so totally could! And if I could get them to come with me for a few weeks, they would see how easy it is once it's a habit. Anyone can be a runner, excepting those that have some kind of injury. You just have to decide you are and do it. I think the world's problems could be solved by our leaders just taking a long jog together before any meetings or policy decisions are made. Maybe I'll send a letter to someone and see if I can get that put into law. If anyone reads this blog that doesn't run, I challenge you to try it for 21 days straight, except Sundays. They say that's as long as it takes to make it a habit and get over the hump of starting something new to where you enjoy it and see benefits. 21 days... you have been challenged.

P.S.

Going through the carwash.

4 comments:

Scrappycook said...

Everyone is entitled to be in a pissy mood sometimes. In fact, I have been in a pretty sour one for over a year. You are right - I should take up running somehow. Maybe I can get my hands on a jogging stroller and make the kids come with me. I need the endorphins and the calm. I'll let you know if it happens.

Lysa said...

I soo agree. Running has become my medication for all things. Even when I only go for a quick 2 or 3 miler. It changes you. My sis in law used to say to me "I dont know how you do it, it sounds like hell" and now she runs with me. She tried it, and she hated it, but she stuck with it, and now she Needs it.

Sarah said...

My kids hate the carwash too! I'm taking you up on your challenge- I was just getting back into running before the move & now it's been a month since I did anything. We have a great trail near the house so I just need to get in the habit again! Thanks!!

Tiff said...

Amen to feeling better after a run! If Bri gets home from work and I am in a bad mood he always says "Did you work out today". (and usually I haven't... when i am in that grumpy mood)