Monday, September 14, 2009

20.5 and more favorite things.

DMSO, check. Lots of water, check. Hammer Gel (bleh), check. last two packets of GU, check. Bottle with Perpetuem, check. Tissues, check. Diapers/wipes, check. Blankie, check. Binkie, oh... forgot the binkie. Go back home, add half a mile to the run. Binkie, CHECK. Sunscreen for Mini Chi's legs, check. Body Glide, check. Foam knee strap thingy, check. Nano, check. Phone, check. Garmin, check.
I always feel kind of bad doing this to Mini Chi. She cries when I put her in the jogger because she knows she's going to be stuck there for quite a while. She always calms down when we get started though. She looks back at me and smiles every once in a while and grabs the cord to my headphones to listen for a while. I'm going to miss her during the race.

We did 20.5 today and felt mostly good. 12 miles right on the button my knee started hurting. The same mile marker every time. I was even wearing the knee band too. Race day will be a crap shoot if that acts up. The pain went away within a few minutes. I hope if I baby it until then it will be okay.

On to some favorite things...
Athleta has formed a dangerous business relationship with GAP. I have a GAP card, which can be used at Banana Republic, Old Navy and GAP, and now Athleta. This means that you can use the rewards at any. one. of. those. stores. This is dangerous because now I can justify buying the things from Athleta that I like for me and tell myself I will use the rewards at GAP for the kids. (They have to have clothes, right?)

This hat calls to me.
These boots do too.
This hat... this HAT!!!

I ate a whole wheat bagel before the run today and I think it was just the thing that helped me feel good the whole way and after.
The K Swiss Running Skort. It is really light weight, the seams are thin so there's no chafing, more breathable than the Nike one that's twice as much. I can't wear a running short after being spoiled with this skort. I need a few more.
This Under Armour jog bra is different than any other. It's kinda silky and super thin seams so no under arm chafing. That is the spot that always kills me after a long run in any other kind of top, even when I use the body glide. I really hate running with my tummy showing so I wish they had this in a full yoga style top. They don't, so I'm going to be crossing the finish line in my underwear. Sorry.
I am 10 pounds heavier and one size bigger this year than this same time last year. Thus, this is my lunch every day. Cooked greens (this one's kale), onions (sometimes leeks), fresh tomatoes, some chicken, white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper on top. If I feel rebellious I'll sprinkle some parmesan on top. I know, it's an acquired taste.

5 comments:

Scrappycook said...

I am so impressed that you get out and run that far. And in the heat! It is a good day here if I can fit in a walk to the park. I need to do more in the fitness department.

Lysa said...

Nice 20 miler shan! Thats amazing. I hope to be doing that kind of mileage some day. And your lunch? Are you kidding me?? Who puts that kind of time and effort into their own lunch everyday?? You are amazing. I do have that sportsbra and I love it too. I want to wear the skort but my outer thighs dont agree with it. Good job on your run! I really hope your knee feels better for you. Take some advil, ice and go to bed

Shanakin Skywalker said...

The girl that is trying to lose 10 pounds puts that much time into their lunch.

Lysa said...

not me and I need to lose 15! Maybe I need to take a lesson.

Natalie said...

Shan you are ALL MUSCLE baby! No need to diet!!

You rock for running 20 miles! I'm way proud of you and you are going to do sweet at your marathon soon girlfriend.

Your daughter is getting so big and darling. I love that she loves running w/mommy!