Monday, September 21, 2009

17 mile monday and new goals.

Mini Chi giving me a low "five" at mile 4. I think that's the last time I'm going to make her run with me. She broke my heart today when I put her in the jogger. That was the last longish run I will do until the marathon too.

So last year I was thinking about trying to do the Iron Man St. George in 2010, but since I don't own a bike and don't really want to train for three sports, I have decided that a triathlon is maybe not for me. Smart, huh? After the marathon I've decided that I am going to start training for the Wasatch 100. Doesn't it look like a beautiful running trail? I'm not a fast runner, but I really can go as long as I have fuel. It's exactly a year from now. Think I can do it? I kinda think I can. I like that no one I know (except my old neighbor, Kelly) has done it. Every runner I know is doing Ragnar and the Iron Man and I've never liked being trendy. So a hundred mile race it is!