Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Marathon Sandwich


My favorite since high school, before I was running marathons. I'm still mourning the loss of my Brackman Brothers. Einstein's vegi sandwich does not come close to the one you could get at Brackman's.

Whole grain bagel
Ingelhoffer mustard
Tuna or smoked salmon
Smart Balance mayo or avocado slices
tomato
all the greens that you can stuff under the lid

Eat Daily!


And don't forget dessert! Me in the Godiva Store in Summerlin, NV. last weekend. I hand picked my dream box of dark chocolates (about 6) and washed them down with a Chocolate Decadence, a dreamy version of a chocolate smoothie. I warned you about the addiction. The only other thing that could have made it more perfect is to have been eating it with Sarah, Chi, Stacey, Keri, Carrie and Katie with their own little bag of favorites. Bryan and Abel, I would have included you except I'm not convinced men fully appreciate great chocolate!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Oh my dear... if you only knew that my dark chocolate addiction exceeds even yours! :-) Have you ever had Leonidas? Belgian chocolate. Mmmm. Or Cote d'Or. Good thing my mission only lasted 18 months. They may have had to roll me home otherwise.

Shanakin Skywalker said...

Why, no. I haven't had those. Could you tell me how to become acquainted?! Anywhere here in the states, or can I order it online? Just for fun sometimes Ron and I go to the chocolate isle at Target (They are the only ones that have a whole isle. I think the CEO has got to be a woman.) and get a selection that remains a secret to one of us, and have a blind taste test to figure out which truffles are the best, which bars, which of all the mochas... We are sometimes surprised by the cheap ones that win. But one that they don't carry is Godiva. Maybe I need to have a blog dedicated strictly to chocolate?!