Saturday, July 5, 2008

Lady Liberty


This picture has nothing to do with running, which is breaking my rule about posting about running only on this blog. But I just had to because I love it so much!! Everyone meet Katie!
She's always such a good sport about letting me take crazy pictures of her. I have a few. "Here, Katie! Hold this roman candle and let me take a picture and post it on the WWW!" Everyone needs a friend like that. (There's only strangers and Lisa here though, and Lisa lets me do it too.)

I ran 8 miles outside on my beloved path on the 4th, with my beautiful running partner, but it was 85 degrees when I realized I had forgotten the binkie, and she was beginning to show signs of heat stroke, as was I, so we called for help and finished the last 12 miles of my 20 miler on the treadmill. Yikes. I never quite recovered from the 8 miles in the heat. I wasn't feeling bad until I got home and got on the treadmill. I was nauseous and cramping. That was the toughest 12 miles I've ever done training. I'm keeping the treadmill on no less than a 3% grade all the time. I fluctuate between 10 min. miles and 8.5 minute miles on those long runs. I AM doing more speed work next week. I just love me my long runs. Can I fit one more in before the 24th?

No comments: