Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First run post-marthon...

And the official beginning of training for the St. George Marathon on October 4th. I use the term "training" very loosely because as I've explained before, I kind of have to go with what I can tolerate on any given day. I am trying to stick as closely as possible with the training schedule in"Advanced Marathoning" by Scott Douglas and Pete Pfitzinger for multiple marathons : 8 weeks between races. (I actually have about 9.)

We have once again misplaced the remote to the TV in our room. I have a nice little setup in my room with a TV that turns and swivels in any direction I want, like towards the treadmill when I'm running or the bathtub when I'm tubbing. But, as with the phones, "people" tend to walk around with the remotes and set them down in odd places where we have to just discover them days later. It's hard to run on a treadmill with nothing to look at. I told Noah I'd pay him five bucks if he could find it for me. I was so surprised he gave up after 5 minutes. That kid will normally do anything for money. My kids earn alot of money around my house. Not by doing regular chores, but different favors for me. "A dollar to the first one to find a binkie!" is a common one.

Men at Work was on the playlist today. I said once before that Men at Work reminds me of playing D&D on Intelevision when I was little. But you know what else it reminds me of? Matt Sager had the coolest Men at Work tshirt in high school. The Business as Usual album cover that was yellow. If anyone ever sees Matt Sager, tell him I still want his tshirt.

No comments: