Thursday, July 10, 2008

21 miles on a treadmill...

Woke up at 5:30 am... Ron out of town.

I could leave for the long run (at least 20 miles) with Beautiful Jogging Partner, but could run into problems with the heat (it's supposed to get to 110 today.) With no one to call for backup, I probably should just stay on the treadmill.

Give Baby a bottle and put her in the bed next to the treadmill. Grab a few GUs, H2O, Shuffle.

Five Miles... News is even more depressing when you can't hear what they're saying and it's set to music. Fires raging in California, Iran shooting off missiles, and Natalie Moralis is wearing a horrible outfit today. What's up with that? She's usually so well styled. Someone help her. I don't know if I can go a whole 20 now. I'm too depressed.

Ten miles.... Can the Today Show really not find anything more interesting to talk about? Boys awake and fighting with each other. Put Baby Sis in the TV room with them. That will keep them all happy...

15 miles.... Shuffle runs out of juice. Really!? I swear these batteries are faulty. I haven't been running THAT long. Oh, I guess I have. Geez, I'm slow. Get out the iPod Mini. I can plug that into the wall. Baby crying, probably tired. Put her to bed. Get 5-yr-old dressed and out the door with friends. (Whew!) Hitting the wall. Eat more GU. GU always brings me back from the wall.

Can I go another 5? There's always energy for another 5! I'll take one more GU just to be sure. Get it done before Rachel Ray comes on. Her clothes are bad every day.

20 miles... Oh my gosh, I did it. Baby still sleeping. Let's turn up the speed and just do ONE more...

21 miles.... AHHHHHH.....

This is why I run.

1 comment:

bryan said...

I've always wondered... why is the chocolate outraged?

Personally I am a Mint Chocolate Gu addict.