Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Quick Year!


I deactivated my Facebook account today for the umpteenth time. This time for good though, really. I was just looking back over my posts and noted that it has been almost exactly a year since I opened the Facebook account and began my midlife crisis. It has been so much fun getting back in touch with old friends and meeting lots of new friends that I grew up with but never really knew. We had some great laughs on Facebook. I'll miss the pranks, the funny videos, the tagged photos, the drama. I hope I run into them sometime. I might just consider attending the 20 year reunion.

Having said that... Facebook is just not good for me! I have come to grips with it. I've gotta put my head back on. Now I've said it outloud and it's a commitment. If you see me back on Fbook, call me out!!
~
My leg is healing up nicely. The incisions are ugly right now, but I'm hopeful they will disappear. I'm found a great park in Little Valley that's got alot of grass that I think I might be able to do sprints on. I think the only way I'm going to get the mental energy to do speed work is somewhere pretty. There's a playground, so I can take the kids to play while I do it.

We have a new kitten and a new puppy... making things exciting around here. How did I live this long without a cat? Ludwig is so awesome. I love him. The puppy is a black lab named Bob, named after the Bob Marshall Wilderness in Montana where Ron likes to fish. I could take or leave the dog, honestly. Been there, done that.

Music... What am I listening to lately? A Fbook friend of mine turned me on to Pains Of Being Pure At Heart. Love their new album. Ra Ra Riot is also a new favorite. I don't know if there's much more new stuff that I am running with lately. Singles here and there, but no new albums.

~Sigh~ here I go, back to my life without my on line social network.

2 comments:

Keri said...

I'll miss you on facebook, but I'm so happy to see your new posts! Hope you're having a fun summer (despite the sun burn)

Scrappycook said...

I wondered where you had gone to - I find I got to check Facebook and then spend an hour just catching up on all of the mindless posts. It's very much a love/hate relationship because I have really enjoyed getting in touch with some old friends again. The quizzes drive me nuts.