Saturday, July 11, 2009

Catching up on MJ videos

Sarah enjoying a MJ video.

I was at costco yesterday and found a video called MJ Number Ones. It's the videos of all his number one hits. I was excited to show my kids "Thriller." They were unimpressed and just mostly thought it was weird. Compared to what they see done with computer animation, it just isn't that cool. Of course they are really missing the point that all of it was done without computer animation and those are actual people making their bodies move like that. ~sigh.
Then I watched the rest of it and realized that Thriller wasn't even his best. "Smooth Criminal" is about the best dancing I've ever seen, ever. I could watch it over and over, it's so amazing. I forgot how much I love the song "Man in the Mirror." It gave me chills. The last two were songs that he put out after he was a total weirdo in my mind, so I hadn't even heard them before and they're actually pretty good stuff. It's so sad that he was such a good looking kid to begin with and made himself into such a freakazoid! Tragic.



I can remember having the MJ poster above my bed of him in the yellow sweater vest. I bought it at The Keyhole. Hahha. Keri is the only one that read this that's going to know about that place, and that's sad : (. RIP Cottonwood Mall.

3 comments:

Keri said...

I miss Cottonwood Mall!! But next time you're up here, let's meet for brunch/lunch at the new and improved Normandie Cafe.

Jenna said...

Nice to have you back to the blogging world. You are so funny about leaving FB.....just got too addicited, huh? I don't chat with alot of people on there, it is mostly to post pics for family members and to keep in touch with the autism community, but I can see how it could become addictive. Hope things are well....
Man in the Mirror is my fav MJ song.

Scrappycook said...

I love the Jackson 5 (best road trip music) but am so tired of Michael Jackson coverage on internet news!!