Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Un-did it.

I withdrew from the Wasatch 100. How can I train for a trail that is 5 hrs away? I can't. Yet. I signed up for a 50 K in Central Utah in April though! Red Mountain 50 K.


So, most of the women with babies and preschool age kids are in a babysitting co-op, where everyone takes one day a month and watches everyone else's kids (that needs a babysitter) for a three hour shift. They asked me back when they started it if I wanted to participate and I declined. Sarah was a baby and would sit in the jogger, and I just frankly... wasn't ready to leave her anywhere yet. Now that she hates that jogger I am ready. I left her at a friend's house once already this week and I babysat yesterday. I'm going to leave her today from 9-12 for a long run. Here's some pics of the muffin decorating I attempted to do with the kids yesterday.


That was super crazy. Babies and Kindergarteners.

3 comments:

Lysa said...

oh good, bc the diarrhea I was beginning to feel for you and 100 miles was too much to bear. 50 is much more do-able, pft! YOu are awesome. And I love your floors.

Natalie said...

Whoa Shan a 50 K in April? You go girl!! You inspire me and keep inspiring...

Those muffins for the kiddies look scrumptious! Mmmmmm. Every kid is gonna LOVE coming to your place for the playdate.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I have been telling everyone you were going to do the Wasatch 100! I was looking forward to being your pacer from Milcreek to Brighton (awesome trail BTW). Maybe another year you can do it. Obviously, it's best to train on the trails you will actually run on, but not required. Lots of people come from other places to run it and have never been here.