Saturday, April 16, 2011

Girls Day Out!

                                   
This weekend is a scout campout, so Ron took the three boys overnight.  Just me and Miss Priss for most of the day today and most of tomorrow.  I got in the car right after they left with a couple of bagels, the baby backpack (which she is way to big for) and some water bottles,  not knowing where I was going to go.  I just knew I wanted to be outside.

We ended up in Snow Canyon.  I just parked at the first spot I saw and started off with the map.  I'm a horrible planner-aheader, and also very impatient.  Those two qualities combined make for what some more positive people would call "spontaneous,"  but it's really just bad planner plus very impatient.  Usually I get lucky on these adventures though.  Today was no exception.  I just let Sarah roam and hike on the Three Ponds Trail.  We also did the Whipple loop, which is really cool for little kids.  There's a little slot canyon to walk through that she thought was cool.  We found some secluded little caves that she played around in for 20 minutes.  She also learned the very most important survival skill for camping women...   the squat.  First try and not a drop of pee on her feet or pants.  She's a natural outdoorswoman.  I couldn't be more proud.   I finally had to just put her in the backpack and drag her out because it was getting late.  We spend the next hour at the sand dunes in perfect weather, running around on the cool sand...   Perfect day.  I would love to post a gazilion pictures of Sarah that I took with  my phone here, but for some reason they aren't going through email like they usually do so easily.   These are the ones I took when I got my real camera and sat down at the sand dunes.




These times alone with Sarah are becoming more frequent since Ron has been called as the scout advisor for the Deacons.  I really enjoy the time with Miss Priss to do whatever I want.  All day today I've felt like I am in heaven with no errands to run, no one to get to a lesson, nothing that HAS to be cleaned and nobody waiting at home for something to eat.  However, I have realized something about myself as the night started coming on.  That is that even though I am most comfortable alone, it's not good for me.  Alone with my thoughts and I can bank on ending up depressed.  I really need to stay busy and surrounded by my responsibilities.  I'll enjoy the day alone tomorrow, but I'll be glad when the stinky boys get home. : )

1 comment:

RJ said...

You're stinky boys are home! Glad you had fun with Sissy. She has no idea how good she has it with you. Love you! RJ