Thursday, April 30, 2009

My beautiful jogging partner


Sarah LOVES getting outside and playing now. She doesn't love getting strapped in the stroller for a run. On yesterday's run, about midway through, she turns around, opens up the back flap, grabs the cord to my earphones and pulls them out of my ears so that she can have them. I decided to let her keep them. So she listened to my tunes the rest of the way. I think I will give her the Shuffle from now on if it makes her stay calm and like the rides.

I did the same 8.5. I little slower because I'm worried about the pain I am having in my right knee since the last run. It doesn't hurt if I go slow. I guess I'm going to have to start over and build back up again.

I love running in the heat. I reminds me of the time when I fell in love with running at Jacob's Lake in 1992. I ran in the AZ heat all the time and just became accustomed to that. It feels good to me. The run yesterday was mid afternoon and probably in the 80's.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey chica! I love those runs with the sun blazing down, too-- and I wish i could train at North Rim altitude again, if only because you feel like such a rockstar when you get back down to sea level and run there. I did 8.5 today, in 90 minutes--- but I was on the elliptical! So your workout sounds pretty good to me. There's no way I'd be that fast on my own 2 feet.

p.s.- My word verification is "thinina". If only!! xoxo