Friday, October 31, 2008

Hey look, it's me posting!

I was going to change the name of my blog, since I'm no longer training for something. But the title is even more true to life now that I am officially on speed. After the spring and summer of running my legs off, I realized I needed more than running to live for. I need to be able to enjoy the other blessings in my life as well. I wasn't getting enjoyment out of anything except the running. So, I got a prescrip for Paxil first. That may have quieted my mind a little, but made me very tired and almost got me killed in a couple car accidents. And now I am using Celexa. I think I'm on about week 4. I wasn't able to run the first couple of weeks because of the muscle fatigue, but definitely not as bad as with the Paxil. Today was the first day since starting that I went running outdoors and was able to jog the entire time and not have to stop and walk. I think the side effects are subsiding. I feel a little bit less dark. I can see things around me that could be enjoyable. I can see the reason why I might want to clean the house or be with the kids. It sounds rediculous, but seriously I can't see the point in it when I'm at my worst. I would clean the house and still feel lousy, play with the kids and still feel lousy... nothing brought any kind of peace or satisfaction. I can see a little light at the end of the tunnel for the past few days. So.... BACK TO RUNNING.....

I'm not going to just pound the pavement like I did before. Since it's not going to be my sole coping machanism, I'm going to try and get a more rounded workout routine going. My husband bought this awesome Hoist home gym that has everything on it. Pullies, smith machine, chin-up bar... it's fun. So, I'm going to start using that seriously every other day instead of run. I also have always had the desire to get better at yoga. I've always felt so much better when I have more flexibility. That's going to become my new nighttime routine. Maybe if I run less, I'll actually get faster too. I'll let you know. I mean, I'll let me know. I'm sure there's no one reading this anymore!

2 comments:

Scrappycook said...

You are alive - well, outside of facebook of course. I am trying to be inspired by you (and Bryan) to take up running. I do feel better and have more energy when I get up early and exercise, but I have the hardest time wanting to do it. It amazes me how you have managed to stay fit your entire life! Good luck finding the right meds for you - it seems like that process takes a lot of time and trial and error.

Sarah said...

Hey, you're back! Glad the meds are starting to kick in for you, I hope things get better and better. Weight training makes me want to gnaw my own arm off, but I should probably give it a try...hope your foot pain goes away when you switch shoes! That picture is going to bring out all the foot fetishists...you do have cute feet (but it's not your only good quality ;-))